Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brain Hemisphere

A friend sent me a brain hemisphere quiz yesterday. You might have seen it, the one with the dancer spinning. There is some controversy regarding the accuracy of this particular test. Intrigued, I googled the subject and took a few more tests, all with the same result. Apparently, my quest for a more scientific test also indicates my left brain dominance.

Here is a quick test. Fold your hands together, with your fingers interlaced. Which thumb is on top? According to some experts, if your right thumb is on top, you are predominately right brained, and vice versa. For a quiz that requires you to think, click on the link at the very bottom of this post.

So, what does it mean to be a left brain dominate person? It means that I make lists, am pretty good at solving problems using logic, and you should ask someone else to draw you a pretty picture. All things that I knew before getting dizzy, or taking any quiz.










Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 14(14)
Right Brain Dominance: 6(6)
Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz

2 comments:

  1. I can't make the dancer go anything but clockwise!!! But I'm a math,science, and logic person. This doesn't make sense. So I took your little test.
    Today I'm 12 left 10 right. I'm using my whole brain today. I'm very balanced right now :)

    I'll have to try taking it on other days in other moods to see how that affects it.

    This whole brain thing has made me want to go watch an episode of Big Bang Theory. The smartypants jokes make me laugh so much. Maybe a little tooo much.
    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea that you could identify a person’s brain dominance by making the study a naked lady do a twirl, but I don’t think you can. What I believe the exercise demonstrates is the way in which the brain leaps to conclusions over the information it processes. Therefore, once you see the lady turning one way it is difficult to alter that perception to get her going the other way. However, people often can achieve that by covering part of the image with their hand or even by tuning their head upside down. The reason turning your head over works is because you have disrupted your perception of the image sufficiently for your brain to reassess it and because you have reversed the information entering your eyes. Believe it or not this works for a lot of people.

    I use the subject of brain dominance in my training work and believe that the only way to measure it with any certainty is to use the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument. If you visit the MyBrain International web site you can complete a profile for yourself and, as a tip, if you subscribe to their newsletter before buying you will receive a discount off the list price.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?