Sunday, March 29, 2009

A House of Music

I love a house full of music. Tonight Ryker and I are watching a show about the top hits of the 70's. In the last hour I have said, "I remember dancing with my Mom to that song", and "I remember my Mom singing that song", countless times. As a child the radio was always on, and Mom was always singing. Unless she was behind the wheel, she was usually dancing as well. I specifically remember learning to do the Jitter Bug to Blackwater by the Doobie Brothers. All that music made for very happy days. The memory of it is very sweet.

I am glad that I married into a musical family. I've been in awe of Carl's guitar playing for years. When he had his band, our house was always rockin', it was awesome! I wish I had recordings of them. Now that Ryker plays, there is hardly a day without some sort of live music in our house. Most recently it's been the ukulele for Ryker.

I am what every musician needs - an appreciative audience.

1 comment:

  1. What great talent and memories!! My mom taught me the jitter bug when I was young also and it was always fun. She always danced with us kids at wedding etc.. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?