When I was over here yesterday I read the last thing I posted, 8 months ago about aging. Things have definitely changed on that front!
1. I now LOVE my hair! No dye, just a great cut and good shampoo. The gray roots are now gray streaks. I especially love the gray streaks at my part. It's not quite as cool as Rogue, but not bad for Mother Nature.
The texture of my hair feels so good. It feels like it did when I was much younger, before I started trying to hide the silver sparkles. It's shiny, soft and it moves. Sorry, I'm kind of in love my hair right now. I can't stop touching it. :)
2. My feet have recovered and I'm wearing heels again (occasionally) without pain. I bought a good pair of b.o.c. sandals. They are only sort of ugly, and have GREAT arch support. After we moved in February, I pretty much wore my hiking boots daily until it got warm, and I still wear them when hiking. The big lesson here - DON'T WEAR CHEAP SHOES!!!! Your feet carry you around everyday and they deserve some respect and support.
3. I noticed once again, that I am not nearly as tall, or thin, in reality as I am in my mind. I saw my reflection in the glass door of a freezer at the store today and was shocked once again. (Who's that short, stumpy lady with the fabulous hair?? Oh, it's me! No!) Not sure why, but it still surprises me. I also think of myself as more graceful and athletic than I really am. I KNOW I am not a ninja or a ballerina, but I wish I were. It's also quite possible that I am not as smart as I once thought I was.
4. Being a grandmother is FANTASTIC! I love those 2 wild little guys so much it's crazy! Being with them doesn't make me feel old. They actually make me feel younger. Playing, actually letting go of all restraint and playing, with a child, is very good for my soul. They make me laugh and smile every single day.
5. I started wearing contacts again a few months ago. It's really fabulous to be able to see! I needed multi-focal lenses and I could never get used to them in glasses, so I just wore my reading glasses mostly. I lost my distance sunglasses in the ocean - sad, but true. These multi-focal contacts are AMAZING!! I love the rich details of the world that are now clear to me. (Note all the nature pics on social media.) It is also a fact that the skin around my eyes looks much better when I take OUT my contacts. (So does the grout around the bathroom sink.)
5. I'm taking more vitamins, trying not to eat so much junk, and exercising when it's fun (mostly hiking when I can).
Life is too short to not enjoy it, and too precious to squander. Each day is a gift.