Thursday, March 19, 2009

On the Road Again

Today was my first full day back on the road.  Car troubles are resolved - Woo Hoo!!!!

It is a very disconcerting feeling to be without transportation.  It feels akin to claustrophobia to me.  I think the common element is the loss of control over your environment.  Without transportation I feel trapped and limited, unable to respond to life in the usual manor. We lived for many years with only one car. It was fine then.  But now, it doesn't work so well.  We are all going in different directions at different times of the day and night.  Life is quick and unpredictable.

I am so grateful have the Camero fully functional, licensed, etc.  Without Carl I would still be stuck.  He did all the fixing and replacing of broken parts. He did all the hard, dirty, crappy work.  I just did a lot of standing in line and sitting in the waiting room at Goodyear. Thanks to Carl I have my freedom and sanity back!

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky to have a handyman! Glad your wheels are back to working again.
    -Tiff

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?