Monday, February 9, 2009

80's Night at the Drug Store

I just made a late evening trip to the drug store to pick up some prescriptions.  The line was HORRENDOUS!  Spying how long the line was as I entered, I grabbed a couple of bags of candy before taking my place.  Anticipating a long wait, I reached for my iPhone to start the next audio book.  With my finger on play, I realized that the song on the intercom was one that I recognized but hadn't heard in a long while.  Turns out it was something or another by the Go-Go's.  Standing there my foot began to tap.  Not bad for a drug store PA system.  As that song ended it was a perfect dance club mix into Adam Ant!  It was all I could do to refrain from singing along.  iPhone stil in hand, when the next song began, I decded to test my musical memory.  I opened up Midomi and began searching.  OMD, Kim Wilde, David Bowie, on and on they played (It was a really long line). 

It was all I could do to restrain myself from singing along.  Feeling a little self concisious of my leg bouncing, and head bobbing, I glanced around at my fellow line standers.  That guy behind me was clearly tapping his fingers along to the beat.  The lady next in line was rocking from foot to foot, ready to break out into dance any moment.  Then my imagination kicked in.  It was a great musical dance number.  Everyone standing in that line doing a dance routine worthy of MTV in the 80's.  If I had more time, talent, and budget, I'd show you an annimated version of what my mind cooked up.  It was really spectacular!

As I was leaving the store a 20-something Madonna was belting over the tinny speakers.  If only life were a musical...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! All it would take is for only 1 person to start it and you would have had a music video from the 80's.
    "Somebody grab some hairspray!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairspray was only an aisle away!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?