Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Beach in a Bottle?

The beach has a magical effect on my body. It's like a trip to the best spa in the world to me. I leave the beach feeling pampered and beautiful. I am not sure if observers would agree with my assessment, but the beach makes me glow inside and out. I am so lucky to live where I do right now. I need to go to the beach more often. We went on Saturday and I still feel great!

I love "beach feet" The sand buffs my nails so they shine, and does something magical to all those rough dry spots. I love to walk on the sand - both hot and dry, and cool and wet. The feeling of sand between my toes is sensory pleasure on the most basic level.

The beach is a perfect place for sleeping. Mattresses should be made out of sand. It doesn't take much to arrange the sand under a towel for a perfectly contoured fit. Between the comfort of the sand mattress and the sound of the waves crashing, a nap is inevitable. The sun is warm, but the breeze is cool. It is perfect.

I don't know exactly what it is, but my hair is great at the beach. All the natural waves and curls are released, but the frizzy fuzz is nowhere to be seen. I think it might be the combination of the salt water and the constant breeze. It's like having my hair slowly blown dry on cool - the ultimate diffuser! I am seriously considering making a spray bottle of sea water to spray my hair with, just to see if I can get that effect at home. I always hate to take a shower after a trip to the beach and ruin that fabulous natural do.

I think the very best beauty secret of the beach is what it does for my skin. My skin is so soft for hours after the beach. No lotion or potion on the market can even come close. It is baby butt perfect - soft, silky, and smooth. The sand must exfoliate and the salt water hydrate. The little bit of color from the sun only adds to the effect. I am lucky that I don't burn easily. I love the feel of the sun on my skin. If only I could buy a skin treatment that even promises to deliver those kind of results.

Swimming in the waves is so relaxing. It is like a gentle massage. All the tension seems to float away, each wave taking it further and further from me.

The beach is truly magical, and better than any spa. If I could capture that magic in a bottle, I'd send you some.

2 comments:

  1. AAhhh! Someday.....Joella and I need to come and see you. I really like the idea of having a spa that's free, not to mention a nap and free hair styles. My hair is wavy too, just not long like yours. China was a lot like that. Only severe. Not a cool breeze. Not really a breeze ever. But just the air made my skin soft and my hair curl. Let us know how the sea water spray bottle works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds sooo good!! I love your hair with the wave. I wish there was a way to bottle that up. Probably wouldn't make my straight hair do anything but I would give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?