Friday, July 22, 2011

Stuff and Nonsense

Why is it that when I am driving around I think of all these things I want to write about, and then when I get here, to the blank blog, my brain goes empty?  It's nothing but a big fat DUH....... up there right now.

I've learned so many new things in the last week or so.  Lots of Word Press stuff.  Every day I spend working on Word Press makes me more sure of my decision to stick with Blogger. Blogger is so much more intuitive, at least to my mind.  Anyway, I feel like a rock star when I learn something new, and make WordPress do what I want.  Those are small, private little victory parities.  Not always quiet, cause I jump and shout, but usually without an audience.

We have a new puppy.  I love puppies (insert line from Nacho Libre), but I hate puppy pee, and poo.  House training a new puppy is nasty business.  She's small - hooray for tablespoon size puddles!! and smart - hooray for learning quickly!!  It is dog number 3 for me in 3 years, so I guess I should be much  better at the training now than I was the first time.  She's tiny, cute, super crazy adorable, fluffy, half pom and half chihuahua, and named Cocoa.  I'm not sure what she weighs, but I think around a pound or two.  Tiny - very tiny.  That's what I end up calling her most of them time, Tiny.  She's going to think that is what her name is, if I keep it up.

Ryker is home from China - Ya!  Carl is another year older, and Quincie is now a legal adult.  That means I am now the mother of adult children, who live at home.  For the moment -  College starts in September and if the plans they are cooking up come together we will be empty nesters.  I'm not sure what I think about that.  I guess that's what the puppies are good for.... or something like that.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the type of work I really want to do.  Things are shifting, and improving, but I still spend way too much time doing things that I don't really feel are right for me.  I should be doing what I'm good at, not struggling to be good at anything that needs to be done.  I want to write.  I am particularly found of writing "How To" instructions.  I like to take complicated, technical junk and translate it into regular speak.  For my next trick I am going to write a how-to manual for the non-techy, 60+ set for ipods.  There are thousands of people out there being denied the joy of audio books, podcasts, and spotify, just because they don't speak techese.  I think Apple should pay me for this.  Big bucks - it's going to increase their sales.  Just wait.  It won't be like the "Idiot's Guide" or "For Dummies" series.  These people are not stupid, just from a different era.

On another note, my hair is now long enough to put up in chopsticks again.  Exciting news, isn't it??  I used to put it up in a bun with a chopstick all the time.  It a great way to get the hot stuff off my neck.  I've been letting it grow again, and didn't realize just how long it was.  It's half way down my back!  How old can you be and still have long hair and not be considered a weirdo?  Please don't say 40 ....




1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the hair age limit is like 68 or something because I like my long hair too. Just stay in Hawaii. It seems long hair is acceptable at any age here :)

    I think a not-for-dummies-but-from-a--different-era set of instruction books is a brilliant idea. My mom is convinced she's incapable and won't try techy stuff but I think she really just hates being patronized and made to feel like she's a dummy for not understanding after a quick explanation or set of instructions. I think you're onto something :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?