Saturday, September 25, 2010

Out of Sync

It's 3am .  I've been awake for over an hour.  Yesterday I was up at 4:30, and just stayed up.  By noon I was exhausted.  My sleep is all out of sync and I am most displeased.  Historically I am a good sleeper.  Throughout my life it is one thing that I am consistently good at.  I am still for about 2 minutes, and I am asleep for a good solid 8 to 10 hours.  I don't wake up, I don't toss and turn.  I just sleep.  Apparently not today, or yesterday.  I am hopefully for tomorrow.

I am awake and bored!  At this hour even my kids are home and asleep.  It is too early on the mainland for anyone to be awake.  It's not cool to call to chat at 7am on a Saturday.  Besides, I have to be quiet since everyone, including the dogs, are asleep at my house. The kitchen needs cleaning but I can't exactly go banging around the kitchen and wake everyone else up.  Only in the bathroom could I turn on the light and not bother anyone.  I'm bored, but I still don't feel like scrubbing toilets. I don't think it is possible for me to be THAT bored.  So, I sit here in the dark, at my desk, trying to type most quietly. 

 Lately I haven't felt like writing.  My blog posts with just a photo of a flower, and  a simple title are a good example.  My mind is not quiet, the deep thoughts are still there, just disorganized.  I start a sentence, and then I backspace and delete it all.  Words fail me.

My two constants, solid sleep and written expression are out of sync. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?