Sunday, March 14, 2010

Picture of the Future

The other day I was looking through my Google Docs for an image I thought I saved a long time ago.  In the process I stopped to read things I wrote years ago, mostly notes I took while reading various books, like The Secret, and Psycho-psybernetics, etc.  It's kind of amazing to look back and see the progression of life.  Many of the things I wrote out as "wish lists" are now reality. Some goals have been achieved and some have changed.  One of the documents I found was entitled, "picture of the future".  I was all ready to see the evidence of the power of intention, but when I opened it, it was entirely blank - just the title. That blank page made me laugh.

And then it made me think.  Our future is not predetermined.  It is not written on a page somewhere, waiting for time to pass as each thing on that page is fulfilled.  Our futures are blank, until we live them. It is up to us each day to create our future, shape our lives, and bring our dreams into being.  The picture of my future is blank, until I choose to write upon it and call my dreams into reality by my thoughts and my actions.

The future is ours to create each day.  The page is blank.  How will you fill your page today?

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading anything you write!! Can you imagine if our futures were predetermined. I had mine all figured out and it has changed over the years so many times. I love my life and wouldn't want to change it!! There is also a time and season for everything. I pulled out all the genealogy that my father and I had worked on years ago for him to start working on again. There is no way I could do that right now but I loved it when I did it and I will love it again someday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was beautiful! it kind of fits in with everything I'm dealing with in my life at this point! Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?