Friday, March 5, 2010

It's a Whole New World

It's been an interesting 10 days since my adventures with the oven.  That day I made a 3 page list of all the crap I had to get done prior to our move.  I didn't look at that list again until I unpacked my desk last night.  I toyed with the idea of going down each line and checking them off, but instead decided to just turn the page.  There is no reason to look back, today is a new day and it is a whole new world!

I love my new house!  It has a dishwasher!!  Woo Hoo!!  I know Quincie shares my enthusiasm for this magical device.  Doing dishes by hand in a shallow, single sink with a crappy plastic tub for the last few years taught me a great lesson - dishwashers rock!!  There is nothing like a load of steaming hot dishes that you KNOW are actually CLEAN!  The rest of the new kitchen is awesome as well - tons of cabinets and counter space and a nice new fridge!

I took a bath for the first time in years the other day.  I can't decide which is more exciting, the bathtubs or the dishwasher.  That's right, I said bathtubS, with an S.  There are 2 bathrooms in this house, which is pretty dang wonderful.  The four of us have been sharing one closet sized bathroom with a shower stall the size of a coffin.  Someone was always in that shower when you had to pee.  Conversely, taking a complete shower without a desperate knock on the door was rare.  I would post a photo of it here, but I didn't take any.  It wasn't a pretty picture.

There are many more great and wonderful things about this new house, but those are the highlights.


I really, really, really LOVE the new neighborhood.  Right outside my front door is a paved path that leads to a park.  It is no ordinary park, it is magnificent!  Most mornings when I am out walking the dogs I am the only human out there in the acres of green and it is as if it were created just for me. The paved path meanders around a pond, and along the shore of the west loch of Pearl Harbor.  There are rolling hills dotted with huge trees of many varieties.  It's beautiful, green, and smells like heaven.  I've been walking the dogs several times a day.  I just love being out there.  It's so peaceful.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!! I am so happy that you love your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky you! your neighbor looks really tranquil and peaceful. I wish we had more than one bathroom. . . it would make the morning time run so much smoother around here. . .

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?