Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oven Cleaning Without Gloves and Other Adventures

Why is it the day that I have so much to do I am hit with the inspiration to write?  We are moving this week and you know the sort of to do list that means.  Sort, pack, clean, ...  lather, rinse, repeat ..... repeat .... repeat

I like to tackle the hard stuff first.  Yesterday I cleaned up the yard, raked until I had a blister on my left thumb.  Today I cleaned the oven.  I read about half of the directions on the side of the can, which is more that I normally would.  When I got to the part about wearing long rubber gloves I stopped.  I don't have any of those just lying about my house, and I wasn't going to the store.  I sure as heck wasn't going to wait to do this nasty task until another day.  I proceeded without the gloves.  The oven is sparkling, and my hands feel, well, bad.  I've washed them at least 50 times today and I think maybe my skin shrunk.  They feel a little tight.  Like the skin is about a half size too small for the bones and muscles underneath.  I slathered on the peach lotion and about 30 seconds later the only reminder was the fresh peachy smell.  It is already time for more.  I am sensing a theme  - lather, rinse, repeat - emphasis on the repeat.

It is time to say a fond farewell to our beach cottage.  Well, dang near the beach cottage (affectionately referred to as the crap shack on occasion).  It has been 3 years and it has served us well.  Many good memories were made here, milestones reached and goals achieved.  I'm only a tiny bit sad to go.  I am so completely excited about where we are headed!

The packing must resume, so the story telling must wait.

1 comment:

  1. Three words:
    Self Cleaning Oven!

    Turn knob, timer sets, boom done!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?