Monday, September 7, 2009

A Million Years or Three Hours

Here it is Monday again. The last 7 days went by as if they were 3 hours. Last Monday seems a million years ago. Last Monday I had an idea for a blog post. That was so long ago, I have totally forgotten all but the thought that there was an idea. It was a busy week, and I recall having several good ideas I wanted to write about along the way. As of this moment - my brain is completely blank.

It's a good thing I keep a note book with all my lists and notes. My son makes fun of all my lists, but he has much of his good life to thank for those lists. Over the last 18 years he has no idea how many times his needs have been on my list. It's been a pretty constant string of doctor, dentist, school, scouts, church, paper work and deadlines. All accomplished, pretty much on time, without fail.

Thanks to the notebook I can look back on this week and see what happened, and maybe I can reclaim a creative thought or two.

Well, we had 5 home inspections, 3 appraisal reports, 4 trips to the bank, 3 to the credit union, 2 to the post office, 2 dinners with friends, 1 breakfast birthday party, 1 new dog, 2 trips to Petco, 1 trip to Target, 2 visits to Costco, filled the gas tank twice, took comp photos, updated 2 spreadsheets a few times, scheduled 3 new inspections, logged new orders, drove Q to seminary 3 out of 5 days, went to the pool, got my hair done-twice, went to Outback for dinner, checked the mail, listened to Pride & Prejudice & Zombies, took Q to YM, went to the beach, bathed the dogs, mowed the lawn, vacuumed 3 times, spot cleaned the carpet, washed 10 or so loads of laundry, washed dishes, cooked dinner at least 3 times, finalized Ryker's financial aid documents for college, turned 41, took the dogs on a walk twice, fixed my broken car window, refilled the power steering fluid in my car, went to church, taught primary, took a nap, cleaned the bathroom, chased the new dog down the street in my bathrobe, and painted my toe nails.

So, there you go, that wraps up my last seven days. Sound like fun?

Whatever creative thoughts I had are not coming back to me. The next time one hits me, I will grab my handy dandy notebook and write it down.

Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?