Monday, June 9, 2008

Memorable Journey

Music has the most amazing ability to evoke memory. Tonight I watched a recording of Journey in concert. It's hard to explain the emotional effect, but it was deep and profound so I am going to try. It was like I was 16 again, and there in the cultural hall with all my friends. I could see and hear them all, dancing, laughing, singing. I felt those same hopeful feelings, the excitement of the event. The lightness, and freedom of the simple cares of youth. I felt the memory of my dreams for the future. Remembering your dreams is one thing, but remembering that feeling is quite another.


Memorable Journey


Just four taps on the cymbal & the familiar rhyme
transported through space and time

Here we stand, worlds apart, hearts broken in two
a heart of 16, now remembering all of you

She loves to laugh, She loves to sing
We had no idea what the future would bring

True friends forever, held dear to the heart
We sailed on together, we drifted apart

Lookin' back with no regrets
The times we had, let none forget

Don't stop believing, hold on to the feeling
The vision remains while the music is playing

Promises and plans of youth, made hopefully
Still forever yours, faithfully

2 comments:

  1. Wendy - That poem is so AWESOME. You are an amazing woman. I am so glad to have you as a friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy - You are amazing!!! I love the poem.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?