Thursday, June 12, 2008

Honu

Once a month I have the opportunity to attend a business lunch at Waimea Falls. I love the drive. Coming up the crest of the hill and seeing the vastness of the ocean always takes my breath away. As you drive along the shore between the homes and the trees you can see waves, and beautiful sandy beaches. It is hard to be in a hurry, and today was no exception.




Today as I was driving home I saw a huge sea turtle out of the truck window. I had to stop and get a closer look. They are amazing creatures! There were 2 huge honu sleeping on the beach. I can see why they love that particular beach. The deep sand is silky soft and warm. My feet were in heaven. I could have taken a nap right there myself.

After a few minutes of looking at them I noticed other people on the beach pointing out into the ocean. I saw a head pop up, then another, and another. There were at least a dozen swimming into shore. On land their movements are slow and laborious. In the water they are graceful.




1 comment:

  1. That would be so neat to see!! I have to come visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?