Tuesday, May 28, 2013

On Top of the World


 
I love the feeling at the top.  With my world brought into focus on a tight spot of land, everything else falls away, step by step.  I am focused.  I am in one place.  I am not scattered.   I am whole.  



 The sun, the wind and the rain fall on me unfiltered by the world.  I am closer to God, the source of it all.  The light is pure, and my skin tingles with the warmth.  The clouds float by and I could reach out and feel their cool dampness.  The wind brings with it bird song, and the voice of Heaven. And when it rains, it is wonderful, the best. I am clean, my soul is refreshed.  New energy lovingly bestowed from above.


The world looks so different from the top of a mountain.  The worries of everyday life have shrunk out of sight.  The only details that remain are the beauty of the land, and anything I've brought along.  The world below is vast and beautiful.  The how and why of minute details are irrelevant.  The world is orderly.  The plan is evident.  It teaches me to trust.  
It's worth it, the effort of the climb.  Each step, each moment of the struggle, is worth the reward.  


 

(These photos are from our hike to Wiliwilinui Ridge on Monday, 5/27/2013.  We had a group of 7 - The Putegnats, Michael, RJ, Q and I.  It was an awesome hike of around 5-6 miles, with an elevation change of around 1,700 ft from base to summit.  We started about 10am, had lunch at the top, and finished about 2pm.  And then it rained, and it was perfect!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?