Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mystery Solved

I have these neighbors, you know, the ones that sing the bad karaoke at bizarre hours, have crazy parties on week day evenings that last until late, and take up every possible parking space on our parking restrictive cul de sac.  They also play basketball, sometimes drunken basketball, at bizarre hours. How do I know it's drunken?  Well, you tell me what you think.  Would 15+ adults, (middle aged adults, not young adults, no 20 somethings here, these people are well past 30, and most are probably 40+,)  play a game of H-O-R-S-E with lots of cheering and shouting at 2am on a Thursday night if they were sober?   I wouldn't notice, or care about  these activities, except their driveway is about 15 feet from my back door, and bedroom windows.  Can you say loud?  How about obnoxious?  Irritating?

Recently I noticed several of the potted plants outside my rear windows were knocked over, broken, and otherwise dinked with during the night.  At first I suspected a cat, or maybe an adventurous mongoose.  Nope, it's not the limited "wild" animals of Ewa Beach messing with my attempts to grow my own food.  It's my NEIGHBORS and their FREAKIN' BASKETBALL!!!!  Not only do I have to listen to the bounce, bounce, bounce, T W AAAAA N G at all hours of the day and night, but now they are killing my plants?  When they miss their shot, the ball heads straight for the back of my house, where my lovely plants are.  In the last 2 weeks they knocked over my largest and loveliest tomato plant several times, knocking off the first green tomato, smashed some seedling pepper plants, uprooted my fledgling tomatillos, and broke off half of my largest bell pepper plant.  The lavender has also taken a direct hit and is alive, but no longer quite so lovely.

So, when I find their balls in my yard, I'm gonna let my dogs play with them.  They are not going back through the bushes to be hurled at my defenseless garden again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?