Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life's a Party

Life's a party and today is one of those boring parties with bad food.  You know the kind, you don't want to go, but you feel obligated out of guilt or pity or some other dismal emotion.  You go, your one of a handful of guests, and you end up staying to the bitter end so the host doesn't have to clean up alone.  It's all obligation, and no joy.  What this party needs is some live music and cupcakes!

Well, today wasn't exactly like that for me, but it illustrates my point.  Sometimes the way I spend the hours in my day seem so boring and pointless, all obligation and no joy.  Why do I get myself obligated to dull, drudgery?  How is it that I am shut off from fun and excitement?  I really gotta step it up a bit and start living.  Shake this funk that's hanging around my head, step out of the clouds and into the sun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?