Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bake -O- Rama

Santa (Carl) brought be a stand mixer. I have wanted one for a long time. The last few months we have been watching "Good Eats" on the Food Network. Seeing all the cool stuff that Alton Brown does with his intensified my desire.

I have made good use of it in short time I have had it. Tonight I made an Alton Brown recipe for homemade soft pretzels. Look out Gus!

They do not look perfect, but they taste great! I am not exactly an artist, so maybe with a bit more practice they will look more recognizable.

Here are the other things I have made so far:
1. Oatmeal cookies
2. Peanut butter cookies
3. Brownies
4. Regular bread
5. Dinner rolls
6. Stollens (Christmas pastry)

I want to try out the whisk attachment so I guess it is lemon meringue pie, or whipped cream next!

2 comments:

  1. Looks very yummy. Glad you are making use of your present. Btw, any tried and tested recipes you can send me - so I can add to the RS newsletter. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send some good ones your way!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?