Sunday, January 20, 2013

Idle Ramblings


On New Year's Eve I was in bed, asleep, by 11pm, and the days following have been similar.  We have gone to the beach a couple times, which is always great, but not exactly newsworthy.  In the absence of any profitable work the first couple weeks, I cleaned the house, a lot, and again, and then, when I got really bored, I cleaned Ryker's room.  He moved to Utah a year ago.  He didn't leave it a terrible mess, just a lot of unwanted junk, clothes, and boxes of random weirdness everywhere.  In the last year we, especially me, have added junk to the pile.  It has become the store room, or transition to Goodwill room, or not quite trash, just yet, room.  It was also the graveyard for all my dead computers and outdated electronics.  The pile of old phones is impressive.  I think we could open an iphone museum.   Before Christmas I thought it was the perfect location to hide gifts in plain sight.  I thought no one but me ever went in there, and if anyone did, the bags and boxes would blend in with the existing stuff and be completely camouflaged.  It seemed like a good plan, but it didn't really work out so well.  Needless to say, Santa did not surprise anyone this year.

Any who.... like I was saying, I finally decided to clean it up.  It would not have even been possible without the help and companionship of Quincie.  It was not the sort of task to tackle alone.  It took us the better part of two days, and it really wasn't that bad, aside from the box of wet books and the fight to the death with a couple of roaches.  Thank goodness for a powerful vacuum with a long extension arm.

I don't enjoy idleness, not on a grand scale, or over any length of time, longer than say, a day, anyway.  I need action, I need to be productive.  Finally last week life got back to the normal swing and the work started to roll back in.  I should have taken the time to write while work was slow, but I didn't. It seems like I am only inspired to write when I am busy. I sat down here tonight to plan the upcoming day and week.  There is so much going on in the next 72 hours I am tired just thinking about it.  Yet, here I sit, writing a blog post....  If I stay up another half hour it will be tomorrow and I can get crackin' on that list!

I have made a few observations lately.  They are random, and not connected in any way to the previous paragraphs, or to each other.

1. If you are tired of feeling fat, stop wearing skinny jeans.  I've tried this, it works. 

2. Ignorance and arrogance are an ugly combination.

3. I am bossy.  I can become a tyrannical dictator in the name of getting things done. 

4. Most of the stuff on TV has no appeal to me.  This goes for most of the movies on Neflix, Hulu, etc. as well. 

5. If you stay in your pajamas until the middle of the afternoon often enough, eventually someone will come to the door, and you will answer it. It's a statistical fact.

6. Winter in Hawaii feels like Spring on the mainland.  The nights are just a little bit chilly and most days break with the promise of rain and sunshine.  It is awesome!

Here is a sunset to enjoy because blog posts without pictures are boring.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?