Thursday, December 9, 2010

Additional Thoughts on Christmas

Last night's post might have come off a little harsh.  I am in actuality feeling rather in the Christmas spirit.  I've been listening to Christmas music, and singing along, in the car for a couple weeks.  The choir was awesome in church last week and I was glad that we got to sing along to a couple of my favorites.

Our Relief Society Christmas party is tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.  Quincie and I (Quincie's are prettier) made a TON of really awesome snowflakes for the table decorations.  I think they look amazing!
I am not grumpy about Christmas.  I just don't enjoy all the superficial hype.  The attitude of scarcity that starts on Black Friday is the opposite of the true spirit of Christmas.  The message of Christ is good news, it is love and hope for everyone, not just the first 5 in line.  His love extends to all and so in our celebration of his birth we should extend our love to all.  It's not about stuff - it's about love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?