Friday, June 5, 2009

My Thoughts Today

Today is the day of Ryker's graduation party, and tomorrow he graduates from High School.  It's an exciting, joyful event. We have been looking forward to this day, and planning for it for months.  Well, years really. I always knew today was coming, but it seems to have come too fast.

I'm not sure I am ready to say good bye to this era of my life.  I like being the mom of two kids that I see everyday. Ryker and Quincie are terrific kids.  Spending every day of my life with them for the last 18 years has been awesome!   In just a couple months that is all going to change. 

He will be attending BYU Hawaii in the fall.  It's the best of both worlds for me.  He will be at a good school, with a good measure of independence, but not too far away from home if he needs us, or if we need him.

My Mom is here for the big event.  I haven/t seen here in over 2 years.  It has been at least 6 since she has been in my house.  It's been so long that neither of us remembers for sure.  It's been awesome having her here.  It's the closest thing to cloing myself.  She did our laundry yesterday, just like I would, only better!  It has been one of the busiest, craziest weeks of my life, and I haven't had even a single headache.  Having my Mom around is good medicine for me.  Having her here makes me realize even more what I am missing.  How great it would be to have my family close on a daily basis!

Today is so good, I am sad for tomorrow to come.
--
Wendy
808-347-1133


2 comments:

  1. It won't be a sad day tomorrow, Wendy. It would be a new chapter in your and Ryker's life and I am very sure you will be happy to have him close enough and yet independent. I am glad he chose to go to BYU-Hawaii. I loved going to school there and being around people who where from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Ryker

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts?